How I Can Help


The most effective way to get assistance with Highways issues is to go direct to the East Sussex County Council Highways portal and fill out the form to report a problem. If you are unhappy with the way in which Highways handle your problem or concern, then please do contact me directly with your Highways Case number. Follow this link to report a Roads issue to the ESCC Highways Team:

For Rights of Way issues about the state of the many footpaths & twittens in the Town, please come to me directly.

Which Authority is Responsible for What in Hailsham?

The enclosed table is a rough guide to who is responsible for which area of Local Government activity in Hailsham. There are some overlaps between authorities and the list is simplified and indicative based on my experience of dealing with resident enquiries since 2017.

Contact Me

Please feel free to drop me an email about any of the County Council issues listed below by filling out the contact form located in the navigation bar on this website; also for help if you are struggling to contact your District or Town Councillors who represent wards that fall within Hailsham New Town County Council Division (see my Hailsham New Town map) on issues that fall under their jurisdiction. 

Who Does What in Hailsham?