Just a brief Highways update for my Hailsham New Town Division residents:
- In March, 28 potholes were filled in my Hailsham New Town Division, with a focus on:
Diplocks Way, Summerhill Lane, Summerheath, South Road, Coldthorn Lane, Gordon Road, Hempstead Lane, London Road, and Ersham Road.
Lamps were replaced or lampposts fixed in Western Rd, Gleneagles Drive, St. Boswells close, South Rd., Summerheath, South Rd, Gordon Rd, Woodside Way, and Derwent Close.
- Following discussions with Highways officers before Easter, they have informed me that resurfacing works on Ersham Road will be taking place in two sections:
• Section 1: from South Rd to Saltmarsh Lane
• Section 2: from Saltmarsh Lane to Glynleigh Road
The date for the works has yet to be arranged.
Additionally, carriageway patching work is scheduled to take place in Gordon Road on May 20th between 9.30am-3.30pm. This will involve the closure of Gordon Road & traffic diversion via Ersham Road & Windsor Road.
- The lanterns at the zebra crossing on South Road have been replaced with brighter LED lanterns which will hopefully provide greater illumination and enhance safety.
There is always much much more to do, but I wanted to keep you posted of the main developments in March/early April.
A295 South Road/Diplocks Way/Ersham Road junction improvement - consultation
The consultation on the proposals for the Ersham Road/South Road/Diplocks Way junction improvement will commence from Monday 25 April and will run until Friday 20 May.
The consultation brochure will be distributed to households and businesses in the south Hailsham area from Tuesday April 26th. Copies will also be available at Council offices in the town.
The brochure and online survey will also be on the East Sussex consultation hub through to 20 May at the attached link: